Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

On All Things Grammarly

I use Grammarly's plagiarism check because sometimes imitation isn't the sincerest form of flattery.

I was recently introduced to the above website and it couldn't have come at a better time since I only just became a student again. Attending university is scary enough on its own, but one of the things they drill into you, besides knowledge, is that plagiarism won't be tolerated.

Every time I write a paper, I am terrified that I am not giving the proper endnotes or footnotes for quotes and material I am using. Grammarly will help me with that. It will be a "second set of eyes", so to speak (thanks Nick) before I get to that final draft.

So far, Grammarly is quite easy to use. You plunk your document into it (either on the web or into the downloadable version for your desktop), click what type of check you want it to do, eg. general, academic or business and in mere moments you have a thoroughly checked paper. The one I chose to check came up with 76 issues, eep! None of them plagiarism I'm happy to report! But here is an idea of what Grammarly checks for you:

Contextual spelling check
Grammar
Punctuation
Style and word choice
Passive voice use
Confusing modifiers

That just names a few!

As I intend to be a student for some time and possibly a writer, I can see Grammarly being a good friend to have on my side.

Have a look and see what you think! I even used it to check this blog post, ha ha!

Grammarly.com

No comments:

 
google3a921ca9ea4130d9.html