Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Wonder Boy

Much to my amazement, the boy has started creeping in spite of the fact that he has stupid heavy fibreglass casts on his legs! Here, see:

I know it doesn't look like he's doing much, but if you observe closely he is in a different place from where he started! I'm JUST. SO. PROUD. I find that I worry much more about him than I did about the girls and this kind of stuff just tells me to chill. He's okay.

I made a nursing necklace the other day and he has instantly taken a liking to it. It's purpose? Something for him to hang on to so that it will distract him from pinching, scratching, hitting me and grabbing my flesh. Also to stop him from "tuning in Tokyo" on the other nipple. (I owe my friend for that expression!) Anyway, I'll try and get a picture of it. I really wanted to make a wooden one, but I'm still working out some non-toxic solutions to cover the paint, so I settled for plastic beads. I had searched online for a necklace, but they were either way fancy and expensive (and breakable!) or made with really cheesy plastic beads and still pricey. I may even market mine if they turn out to my satisfaction!

I forgot to mention that when I was at the mall the other day, a woman saw the blanket I had made for Hayden and told me I MUST sell them at a store on fourth avenue. It was just the incentive I needed to get my things back out and get started on that. I have been feeling badly because I have not had the time, but with Hayden approaching less doctor's visits now, it is now on the horizon for me. So, stay tuned for news there....

And finally, we tried to get the exersaucer to eat Kes, but it rejected her saying she caused acid indigestion. Ah well.

1 comment:

Anne Coleman said...

What a beautiful baby!! Fantastic :O)

My best friend's son went through all the same castings etc and is now a non-stop running happy 6 yr old.

 
google3a921ca9ea4130d9.html