Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, November 17, 2006

Some People Shouldn't Be Parents

Today, when I picked up Kestrel from preschool, there was a bit of an incident. I knew that on Wednesday she'd had an altercation with one of the other kids that goes there, where I'd been made aware that she had been the instigator (or so I thought) and the other kid had retaliated by hitting her on the back of the hand with a puzzle piece. It hurt enough for them to put ice on it, anyway. I told the teacher I wasn't surprised that this was the case, that she can be quite aggressive and definitely obnoxious, and we went on our way. I chalked it up to preschool antics.

When I picked her up today, she informed me that this kid, "M" had punched her in the stomach. I noticed that he was sitting in a time out and didn't look to worried about it. M's dad arrived to pick him up and Kestrel told him "M punched me in the stomach". His response? (to her if you can believe it) "Yeah? Well, I heard that you hit him on Wednesday, so uh, it goes both ways".

I BEG YOUR PARDON? DID YOU JUST TELL MY DAUGHTER THAT IT IS OKAY TO PUNCH SOMEONE AS LONG AS THEY HIT YOU FIRST? And if that is the case, since he had already hit her back on Wednesday, that would have made it okay for her to hit him today, WHICH SHE DID NOT.

It was truly the response of a twelve year (which speaks to me about his personality) and I was so shocked that I just walked away. I noticed that the teacher was waiting to talk to him anyway.

I had really bad anxiety after that. Thankfully, I was having lunch with my neighbour after dropping Kes off at daycare and she and I discussed it, so I felt better. But I'd not had the best week emotionally, so it was the icing on the cake.

Some people should not be allowed to reproduce.

No comments:

 
google3a921ca9ea4130d9.html