Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Somebody Stop That Kid!

Hayden basically walks everywhere now, as of a couple of days ago. This morning while I was in the kitchen preparing breakfast for the kids, he suddenly came tottering around the corner, like the little drunken walker he is and I was momentarily shaken. I'm so not used to it yet, but dang, it is cute! Not that he doesn't fall a million times a day - his poor knees must ache at the end of a day, but he is getting more and more stable and yesterday he stood himself up in the middle of the room without assistance, which is a BIG step.

Now that is more steady on his feet, I have made an appointment for him to see Dr. Pirani so I can have his actual walk evaluated. Even though it was only a couple of months ago that we saw the doctor, he would not even stand up if you held his hands and here we are full fledged walking now! I can't believe how fast babies develop.

He has been "talking" a lot without actually saying anything. His basic words are still the same: Maman, Dada, Uh-oh, Hi. He now says "Byeee" and when you try to get him to say his name, it comes out "Ha-Ha", which I think is excrutiatingly adorable! But the gibberish that comes out of his mouth is excellent and non-stop. He definitely has a lot to say! And he has expanded his repertoire of songs to include the notes that Ariel sings when she loses her voice in The Little Mermaid. It is really funny and cute!

I measured him today and it turns out that he is almost the same height at 16 and a half months as Kes was at almost two! He's not a small guy, and he continues to eat us out of house and home. There are things I give him that I would not have dreamed of giving the girls before the age of five, such as popcorn.

And he is still as lovable as ever - lots of kisses and cuddles and stroking from my boy. I feel sad sometimes that this will all too soon be over, but I am trying to make a memory of each things as I go, so I can keep them close to my heart.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Such a cute picture you painted! I am still anticipating the walk. At 14.5 months ELi still refuses to even try unless he's got a hand of ours or without his 'walker'....good luck at the doctor's appointment!

 
google3a921ca9ea4130d9.html