Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Dangerous Days of Daniel X



I've had the pleasure of being able to read this delightful book by James Patterson. Already a fan of his Maximum Ride series, this book was a surprise and an honour to read.

In his effort to encourage young boys to read, he has created a wonderful concept, rich and colourful characters and non-stop excitement. It is a fact that boys read less than girls and do not consider it to be a pleasurable activity. This book will hopefully change that.

As you get to know the character Daniel and his particular "talents", you see a large story unfolding before you that involves danger at every turn and I was relieved to realize that it will take more than one book to get to the final resolution of the tale. His sometimes not so solitary journey takes you places you would never imagine.

Even though it is a young people's novel, as an adult I enjoyed the story immensely and had my nose in the book until I had finished it, which only took me hours. I can't wait until my son is old enough to read it!

I don't want to give any of the story away, and I encourage you to purchase a copy and find out about this cool character yourselves. I look forward to more and bigger things from James Patterson!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am 34. I loved this book. I can't wait to read more. I am considering buying the audio version since Milo Ventimiglia is the voice. Thank you for such a kind a review.

 
google3a921ca9ea4130d9.html