Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow

Snow
It won't be long before we'll all be there with snow
Snow
I want to wash my hands, my face and hair with snow

Snow
I long to clear a path and lift a spade of snow
Snow
Oh, to see a great big man entirely made of snow

Where it's snowing
All winter through
That's where I want to be
Snowball throwing
That's what I'll do
How I'm longing to ski
Through the snow-oh-oh-oh-oh

Last night I went for a walk with my neighbour and friend. It was past 8 o'clock and most people were hunkered down for the evening. It was considerably warmer than the previous two days, evidenced by the fact that it had snowed the better part of the day. Big, fat, fluffy flakes that went on and on. Decorated houses shone brightly and the air was relatively still. It was magical.

I know I often wax poetic about the autumn, but last night was the perfect winter night to be out, enjoying someone's company and enjoying the crisp air. I could have walked on forever, but I'm glad it was only an hour and a half - my legs were quite stiff this morning! I returned to my love and spent a quiet evening with him in our cozy living room.

I felt giddy again this morning as the packed snow crunched and squeaked beneath my boots. I don't know why I love snow so much. I don't care to be out in it much; I used to ski but gave that up ages ago; I don't really like to be cold. I suppose it is because there is just something so cleansing about it. For a brief time the city is covered under a blanket of pure white. And here in this city, one has to take advantage of it because all too soon the wicked rain appears and turns the city back to dismal grey.

Today it is much colder again, but I hear tell we shall be bestowed with more of the lovely white stuff on Sunday. I plan on another walk and the only thing that would make this even better than last night's stroll would be for it to be actually snowing. Crossing my fingers!

No comments:

 
google3a921ca9ea4130d9.html