Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Get Your Nasties Here

I am having an angry day. I can only assume that this is due to the millions of unwelcome albeit invited hormones that are coursing through my body at any given time of day. I have found Kes to be impossible today. I am not sleeping well. I had a major dizzy spell when I stood up this morning. My asthma sucks. My back hurts. And I am only six weeks pregnant today! What is to come I ask you?

But all is not lost today:

- I got makeup on
- I baked an apple crisp
- We are going to someone else's for dinner, thereby releasing me of the need to cook
- I have this blog to complain to
- I have digital t.v. and got to watch The Matrix Reloaded for about the 7th time
- I made tomato rice soup and ate it with cheese
- I have not had a chocolate craving yet
- I have other wonderful blogs to read by cool, interesting people
- I still love my purple leopard print velour pajamas (I called them velveteen before, but they are velour)
- I didn't change into my clothes until around 11:00 this morning
- I am hoping to get some baby blankets made this week so I can get this show on the road

For these things I am thankful.

On the baby front:

Your baby is 0.16 to 0.2 inches long (4-5mm) when measured from crown to rump. It is now identifiable as a human baby.

The limb buds are growing rapidly, developing into little fins with nodules at the ends which will eventually become fingers and toes. The arms have already differentiated into hand and shoulder segments.

The cerebral hemispheres of the brain are growing, and the eyes and nostrils are appearing. Your baby's heart bulges from its body and the heart chambers are divided and formed. Blood vessels now circulate blood throughout the whole body. The head looks large and is bent on the chest.

Your baby's face is forming, but its eyes are on the sides of its head and are still sealed. The discs that will become her eyes will move over to the front of the face over the course of the next few months.

Bone cells are beginning to develop and the outline of the baby's nervous system is complete. The pigment in your baby's eyes can be seen under the skin overlaying them. By this point there is also a pancreas and an appendix. The tail is still visible, but it will soon fade. The umbilical cord is growing and the placenta is maturing as well.

How your life's changing: If you haven't already, you may soon find yourself riding pregnancy's emotional roller coaster, feeling moody one day and joyful the next. Disturbing as this may be — especially if you pride yourself on being in control — what you're going through is completely normal and will probably continue throughout your pregnancy. Up-and-down emotions are partly caused by fluctuating and (in many cases) very high levels of hormones. But hormones aside, your entire life is about to change — and who wouldn't feel emotional about that?

Phew! I'm normal!

No comments:

 
google3a921ca9ea4130d9.html