Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, January 09, 2005

I Promised I Wouldn't....

I promised myself when I started this blog, that I wouldn't post anything about body functions. But just this once, I need to put a plea out there to other mothers in the world and ask if anyone else has a two year old with a fondness for their own excrement? And if so, WHAT DOES ONE DO ABOUT THIS?

Yesterday I was on the phone with my girlfriend and after awhile noticed that Kes was being deathly quiet. This never means anything good and I cannot adequately rely on the thirteen year old in the house to observe anything other than the screen of this computer when she is in front of it. So, wandering into the living room I discovered that Kes was yet again digging out her own offal from her diaper. I hung up, changed her, gave her a stern talking to about how "disgusting" that was and sent her on her way.

The rest of the day went reasonably well until later in the afternoon I realized she was quiet again. Yep - hands full of poop again. I snapped. I screamed so hard at her that I swear that my sore throat today is from that and not being sick. Kes cried, I almost cried and then we cuddled on the couch later. I am thinking that I perhaps should invent some sort of alarm that goes off when she a) goes diving into her pants, b) becomes very quiet and c) hides from me.

The hardest thing is that being pregnant right now, my cognitive abilities are slow to say the least. My instincts are not quite up to par and I am less observant because I am in this constant haze of fatigue. Excuses, excuses I know - but what can I say? I know not what to do.

And the thing is...all I have to do is hear her say something like "pida yeb" (spider web) and all is forgotten!

No comments:

 
google3a921ca9ea4130d9.html