Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, February 20, 2005

24 Down, 16 To Go

Well, I am six months pregnant today and I can hardly believe how quickly the time has gone. The closer I get to my due date, the more freaked out I become. But I have been reading, reading, reading and it is helping me quite a bit. Helping me to be a stubborn mule and stand my ground, that is!

So far I have read:
What If I have a C-Section?, Rita Rubin
The Essential C-Section Guide, Maureen Connolly
Silent Knife - Nancy Wainer Cohen and Lois Estner
Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, Ina May Gaskin
Spiritual Midwifery (still on that one), Ina May Gaskin
Unassisted Childbirth, Laura Shanley (still on this one too)

I have lined up:
The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth, Henci Goer
Pregnancy and Birth: The Best Evidence, Joyce Barrett

On order I have:
Childbirth Without Fear: The Original Approach to Natural Childbirth, Grantly Dick-Read

If that ain't a full artillery of info, what is? To me, knowledge is power and I intend to be as powerful as I possibly can. In other words, FUCK THE MAN!

I would have been such a great hippie.

No comments:

 
google3a921ca9ea4130d9.html