Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Bits 'N' Pieces

Sorry about the lack of posting. I've been preoccupied and know not why. Hayden is over the bronchiolitis and the teething now, so he has been back to his happy little self! And......drumroll, please.....is now out of his FAB (foot brace) during the daylight hours, with the exception of naps! Hurray! Now, I've been hesitant to take him out for the full 10 to 12 hours, so probably am keeping him out for more like 6 to 8, but it is wonderful to say the least! Yesterday he even got to go out wearing SHOES! Real, honest-to-goodness shoes! Of course they had to be sandals that my mom bought - the only things I could wedge onto his fat little porker feet - but they were SHOES!

He went for physiotherapy yesterday and it was great. The therapist was very pleased with his progress and we talked more about how to get him weight bearing. He tends to pronate on his left foot so we discussed things to do to avoid that. He was generally cooperative, but had not really slept during the day and so got annoyed a couple of times. But his good humour amazes me often. Like tonight when his older sister deliberately stepped on his foot in one of those "I'm-pretending-I-don't-know-what-I'm-doing-but-I-really-don't-like-you-so ... CRUNCH" and he didn't bat an eyelash. That little move earned her some thinkin' time in her room

The physiotherapist also showed me how to teach Hayden to crawl forward and there seems to be some progress there already - yay! I'll try and get video.

I have been experiencing a lot of physical troubles lately and it's been gettin' me down. My back hurts, my neck hurts, my wrist hurts, my jaw hurts, I notice the sciatica is acting up tonight - yippee, my head hurts. I know that some of it is stress and that I am letting it control me too much - rather than just deal with it. I guess it's a good thing that I have therapy on Friday. Hurray for therapy!

Photo time (wee bit blurry, sorry):
Kneelin'

No comments:

 
google3a921ca9ea4130d9.html