Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Saints Preserve Me!

Okay, I can't even talk about the house thing. I think I'm deep in denial right now.

What I DO want to talk about is the stupid Coastal Health Authority who is, once again, trying to immunize my teenaged daughter, when she is COMPLETELY UP TO DATE on all of them. They sent me a form stating that they had signed consent from me to immunize her and on February 20th, will innoculate her for the following:

Measles, Mumps, Rubella
Polio
Tetanus, Diphtheria, Petussis
Polio

Ummm...she needs the polio TWICE in the same day? Get it together morons! Here is the letter I am attaching to the form:

To whom it may concern;

Please do not immunize my daughter again. You do not have a signed consent from me allowing you to immunize her. She is completely up to date on all of her vaccinations, save the hepatitis B, which I have refused (a few times). Part of her shots were done by Fraser Health Authority (under the name Hannah J*hns*n) and the others (with the exception of her Grade Nine shot which was done at the school, so there should be a record) were done by her doctor, Dr. K.J. The school should have a record of her health passport in her file stating that she has all of her vaccinations. My copy of it is buried in our basement somewhere and I have no idea where it might exactly be. This is the second time I have confronted this issue. I have no reason to lie about this. I am not a tree-hugging Commercial Drive parent and take immunizations very seriously, so I would appreciate it if you would just take my word for it.

If this continues to be a problem, I will, very begrudgingly, drag my two small and trialsome children on a bus and the Skytrain out to her doctor’s office in New Westminster, walk up the godawful hill from Sapperton station because there is no ramp there any more, carrying my 25 pound son and propelling my preschool-aged daughter, and obtain what records I can, but you need to know that this will cause me to be in a VERY. BAD. MOOD. And this will then cause every single living organism in my immediate cosmos to suffer. I hope you are willing to take the responsibility for that.

In the meantime, if you could kindly put a note on her records that she is up to date and roll your eyes about her difficult mother and maybe spit on the ground when you speak my name; that would be great.

Yours truly,

I hope they get the message this time. Gits.

2 comments:

Jody said...

LOL!! I hope they get it too!

Anne Coleman said...

ROFL! I love it!

 
google3a921ca9ea4130d9.html