Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Startin' Over

So the house is definitely sold and the deposit cheque has been applied and so on and so forth. Now commences the panic. We have until the end of April to find a place, buy it and move in. Somebody grab the tranquilizer gun now.

You see, so much of my life has consisted of "starting over" and I'm honestly quite fed up with it. I don't want to have to settle into a new place and "start over". It freakin' SUCKS! The thought of having to organize five people into a new dwelling is just so...daunting...to me. And let's not forget the continual "up and down" process of buying a new house. The effort required to go to each house, dismiss 90% of them, get your hopes up about one, have said hopes dashed as someone offers just that $1,000 more than you, is overwhelming. Anyway, I digress. There's nothing to do but press forward because, um....WE HAVE NO HOUSE!

That being said, there is one open house coming up on the weekend that looks nice (from the outside anyway) and is in an okay area (although I shudder at the thought of dealing with the Commercial Drive entitlement), that's very close to school for Hannah, close-ish to Skytrain (monorail) and is in the catchment area for a different school than I thought, because the school that I thought got baaaaad ratings for the last five years or so. One bonus is that in my elementary school journies I have discovered that there are 37 schools in Vancouver that have all day Kindergarten. I repeat - ALL DAY KINDERGARTEN! Woot! Sign me up, or rather sign Kestrel up! She is sooo ready for this and I can't imagine what having that time might mean to me. Having 2-3 hours in the afternoon while Hayden sleeps? I might actually get something DONE! Like sewing! And paper-crafting! And writing (most importantly of all)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I hate to be the one to break it you, but about the time Kel starts school, Hayden will give up his nap. That's just how life works.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of moving, we'll be moving into our new place in Langley on March 1!

We will finally get to meet!

Sorry I've been rather quiet lately, we've been packing and managing the details :)

 
google3a921ca9ea4130d9.html