Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day?

Today, on what is supposed to be a day celebrating mothers, I want to quit. I resign from being a mother. Maybe I will reconsider tomorrow, but it really depends on how much sleep I get.

The kids have driven me absolutely bat-sh*t crazy today. Hayden is cutting his two year molars - one. at. a. time. Can we just say "painful" and not just for him. I'm not sure what is happening with Kes, but her behaviour has gotten increasingly worse. She is combative, contrary and contradictory. She would literally argue that the sky is black right now. Every little thing that comes out of my mouth is met with a "no, (insert long explanation of why "no" here)". To top it all off, she has been wetting her pants continually, much to our frustration. I have tried to be really nice about it and not get upset. So far the "understanding approach" has not worked. Getting angry doesn't work either. I'm going to have to pull out the big guns and revert back to the bribery method. We aren't sure if this is just a by-product of the move and all the changes that have been going on around here, but whatever it is, we're darned sick of it and it has to stop. This is my second bout of nightmarish toilet training and I can just hardly WAIT for Hayden to start. Oh boy.

Blergh. Ahhh...anyway.....

The new house is fab and we are slowly emptying out boxes and revealing more space as time goes by. I am finding though that just trying to keep on top of the daily stuff, PLUS unpack - kind of sucks the life out of me. You know once you've unpacked all of the necessities that you really lose the drive to carry on. But I will prevail! The new neighbours seem excellent so far and have made us feel very welcome to the area. We had one amazingly delicious dinner out this weekend at a Filipino restaurant called Rekados that was so good I think I might be dreaming about it for weeks to come!

Well, gotta go and check out my new MP3 player that hubby bought for me today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, do I ever know what you mean about not having the drive to go on unpacking. And staying on top of the daily stuff...damn near impossible.

Anonymous said...

It's hard when they start combating you at every turn and its just because they think they can, and sometimes it doesn't get better. My fiance's nieces are still like that but sometimes it does...

Nicole said...

I'm right there with you. Our house is so 'dirty' it isn't even funny. But how am we supposed to devote time to vacuuming and dusting when there are boxes of dishes and shoes still to be found and unpacked?!??!? Good luck with this phase of moving...I know I need it!

 
google3a921ca9ea4130d9.html