Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, November 10, 2007

I'm Still Here!

Aggh! Is it really THAT long since I last posted? Man, where does the time go?

To be honest with you, I haven't really had a lot to say. Life has been good, the kids are fine and hubby is happy and healthy, as am I for the most part. My asthma was acting up a bit when the weather couldn't decide what to do with itself, but it has levelled out again.

I've been scratching my head a little trying to decide what to do with this blog. When I started it, it was to chronicle Hayden's journey through clubfoot and it was a good place for me to vent my frustrations and celebrate the triumphs. I've found over time that it has morphed into being more and more about me, and less about Mr. Hamster. Truthfully, his ongoing journey reached a plateau a few months ago. What does that mean? That nothing bad is happening, but nothing more good is going to happen because his feet are the best they can be at this point. My job right now is to monitor and maintain. If I keep my stringent schedule with his boots and bar, he should sail through this without further issues.

I enjoy writing here, but I find I get busy and time goes by and I don't put anything here. I suppose that is okay because if I ain't got somethin' to say, I ain't got somethin' to say! I am not going to put just anything here for the sake of having a post that day. Combine that with the fact that the kids are getting older and I need to consider their privacy a bit more, and the fact that my husband has a certain level of discomfort over me sharing much of anything about the kids here and I find myself heading in a different direction. The blog has become largely about me and my feelings and what I am doing.

So bear with me as I decide what to do. I don't want to stop this blog, but I may tailor it to suit my needs a bit better. I also want to focus a bit more on my knitting blog which you can get to through my profile. I am on an all time creative high right now and am knitting more things than I have ever knitted before and I want to start recording what I am doing. That's the beauty of the internet - you can find a pattern for anything and have it made before you blink! I love it!

I'll try and be back soon!

1 comment:

Laini Taylor said...

Hm. I just left a comment and it evaporated! Does your blog eat comments? Or was it my computer? I think what I said was something about how blogging content seems to come in waves and dry spells. For me, the more productive I am with writing, the less I have to say on my blog. A good writing day might be summed up with, "Wrote today. Wore the polka dot fleece pants." ha ha! If I'm feeling really fancy I might admit that I spent the day dagger-shopping in a faerie bazaar.

Oh yeah, and earlier tonight I was envying Persephone for not getting dark roots, and thinking I might switch to yarn hair, too!

Cheers!

 
google3a921ca9ea4130d9.html