Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Jokin'

Kes told me her first joke today. At the ripe old age of two and a half I am shocked that she even gets the concept of a joke, never mind has the ability to tell one. I seem to recall her sister Hannah getting it, but at a bit older, say between three and four. Anyway, knock-knock jokes seem to be the ones they clue into first. So she says to me:

"Knock knock" and I respond:

"Who's there?"

"Banana" says she.

"Banana who?" I ask. There is a moment of silence....

"Bana-mana, doodle doodle doo!" Now this doesn't make much sense when looked at in the written word, but she SANG it to the tune of "Manamana", that great Sesame Street classic! I, of course, thought her brilliant! Whenever Hannah told me a knock-knock joke, they all, every one, ended with "all day long". For example:

"Knock knock"

"Who's there?"

"Tree."

"Tree who?"

"Tree that sits in the forest ALL DAY LONG!" Riotous laughing follows......Replace "tree" and "forest" with pretty much anything and you had the entire range of Hannah's knock-knock jokes. I wonder if Kestrel's will be more complex?

No comments:

 
google3a921ca9ea4130d9.html