Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, October 15, 2005

The Weeks Drift By...

So before I know it, another week has gone by and I don't know how it went so quickly. This week hasn't been so good. Took Hayden to Children's on Tuesday and watched in horror as the doctor reefed his foot up to get the reading she wanted. I told everyone there that the boots and bar weren't really working and got kind of a "you'll have to tough it out" attitude. In addition to that, I found myself defending my lifestyle to the doctor when she found out I was co-sleeping with Hayden. I was not impressed.

I have been receiving encouragement from the online support group to go and see a different doctor that has good credentials and is using a method of correcting clubfoot that has been in effect for 50 years. It was started by a doctor who is now in his nineties and his success rate is 95%. There will always be those who need surgery, but 95% sounds pretty good to me. The Botox treatment is still in the research phase and while I will acknowledge that it has had good results (I've seen the kids), my issues are more about the screaming coming from my son and the fact that I feel very talked down to by the doctor. I should not have to deal with this.

Naturally me and the hubby are now at odds about this because he thinks the current method is working just fine. I think Hayden's feet aren't ready to be in the boots yet and he should have more casts, as much as I shudder to think of it. My feeling is that I don't want this to be a torturous experience for him every time we go. If he is making progress there should not be the forcing of feet and the horrid screaming.

I'm feeling very alone.

No comments:

 
google3a921ca9ea4130d9.html