Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, December 05, 2005

Bad Dreams

I dreamed last night that I was pregnant and didn't realize it until the baby was actually moving. I was in a panic because I had to find out ahead of time if the baby was clubfoot and I wanted to be prepared for it. Also I was freaking out because Hayden is only five months old and it would be like having twins. Was I ever glad to wake up! More and more the words "tubal ligation" keep drifting into my head. Everyone says "oh, let HIM do it" - but I have to be honest with you. Sure, there is more involved with it for me, but if it's done - it's done. No having to go to the clinic to make sure all the boys are dead, no worrying that "one might get through" - it's in MY body and it's done and I KNOW it. I think I will be talking to my doctor very soon so we can avoid any scares, real or imagined!

So hubby's mother just left and now his father arrives tomorrow and it has begun. The grocery list has already been relayed to get him started: steel cut oats (but not instant), organic bread, organic fruit, soy milk. Where hubby's mom is as crass as they come, dad tries REAL hard to be the other end - very genteel and soft spoken. I have to be honest here again - I prefer his mom. The dad tries so very hard to be upper class, when he so clearly is not. He speaks so softly that you can't hear him half the time and it is maddening. But he loves his grandkids and he is nice to me, so I shouldn't really complain. This is the first time he will be seeing Hayden, and he is most excited, so it'll be worth it just for that. Hubby's cousin is also visiting, who I am developing an intense dislike for, but that is another story altogether.

Anyway, I think I am going through cola withdrawal. I've had a headache for two days and haven't touched a drop of Coke. Coincidence? I think not.

No comments:

 
google3a921ca9ea4130d9.html