Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Bobbi Brown Experience

On Friday I met with my sister who is in town for a few days. It was her 16th wedding anniversary that day and she and her husband were going to another anniversary party for a couple who have been married for 25 years. She is already past the halfway mark to her 25th! Had I stayed married the first time, I would be celebrating my 18th wedding anniversary on the 28th of this month. Had I stayed married the second time, I would have celebrated my 12th wedding anniversary on February 5th. As it turns out, I celebrated my 2nd anniversary with my current (and permanent) husband on the 1st of May. And I have to say that out of the three he is the one person I envision being with until the end.

All that aside, I was supposed to meet a friend for lunch that day and meet my sister afterwards. We were both kid-free and I was looking forward to it because we rarely have time together alone. My lunch plans fell through, so I wandered into Holt Renfrew, thinking maybe I'd visit the Bobbi Brown cosmetic counter and get my sister a treat. I have some Bobbi Brown lip gloss that I adore. They didn't have the same set I own (it was a limited edition), so I settled on a compact with 4 different lip glosses and 3 eye shadows. The salesgirl told me that there were two people visiting from Seattle who work directly with Bobbi Brown and would I like to get my makeup refreshed? Mais oui! So I talked to the one lady about the skincare products and learned that most of Bobbi Brown's products are natural, which was a surprise to me. A higher end cosmetic/skin care line with a conscience? Whodathunkit? The man who was visiting was the color expert and he decided on some colors for me and away we went. I left looking about 100 years younger with about half the makeup on my face that I normally wear.

I felt like a million bucks! So of course I had to get my sister to do the same. After all, she was going out and who doesn't want to get their face done before an event? She went throught the same process as me, enjoying it as much as I did. While I was waiting for her to be finished, I started talking to the skin care consultant about how Bobbi Brown got started and after our conversation I found myself inspired to look into taking chemistry again. It is something that I have explored off and on over the years with a view to either getting into the cosmetics or fragrance industry. I am a big fan of aromatherapy, so to combine the two would be ideal. I feel very fired up about this and think that I will see what I can work out with either distance learning or night school. The fees for Chemistry 11 and 12 are $425 each - not really a big deal, so I think my biggest obstacle is making the time. I also have to be careful to not bite off more than I can chew right now with my other fitness goals.

Of course, I also have a list of the other things I want to do and I just need to try and keep perspective and not overwhelm myself! Easier said than done, I think!

P.S. I colored my hair dark again. I just can't do the streaks thing. I get bored with it after a month and then I can't be bothered to go get it done again. Perhaps that is because I know there will be a time, not too far off, when I will have to color my hair all the time.

No comments:

 
google3a921ca9ea4130d9.html