Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, February 07, 2008

You Know That Day?

You know that day when:

- you wake up feeling like crap for the 37th day this year (wait that's every day this year) and think maybe if you just cut your head off, everything will be ok?
- your five year old daughter wants to argue with you about everything?
- you have an appointment and you don't want to drive to it because the parking in that area is atrocious but once you drop your son off at daycare, it's too late to run back home and get transit, so you park four blocks out of your way and pray you don't have an asthma attack walking to the building in the cold air?
- the appointment is with the ophthalmologist and they stick drops in your eyes to dilate them and then you feel nauseous for the next three hours from it because your eyes are so dilated they aren't filtering anything out?
- you've hurt your neck, but you aren't sure how and you've taken so much pain relief that you fear your liver might shut down?
- but by the time you get to the night, it's so painful that you feel you might die from that anyway, so you pop more pills?
- your teenager calls you from the school trip to Ottawa and sounds so homesick you wish you could slide through the phone to be with her?
- after you've put the kids to bed, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher and wiped down all the surfaces, you're so tired you want to slip into a coma for real?

That was my day yesterday. Today is a little better. All I seem to do lately is complain, but the fates have conspired to make this my "sick and in pain" year. That being said, I feel that this is my year emotionally and mentally and I am going to try not to let it get me down. Try.

Oh, and on a good note, I sent "something" "somewhere" last week that may or may not earn me a rejection letter. Either way, I hope I hear from them. It will take about 9 weeks before I do, so I'm just going to put it out of my head for now.

AND...my hubby ordered me a little point and shoot camera with his Air Miles, so I can start taking pictures and movies of the kids again, without feeling totally intimidated, so YAY!

P.S. My eyes are very healthy, I just have this little thing on the eyeball that is technically "normal", so I wanted to get it checked out. It's just that when my allergies are bugging me (which is pretty much continuously right now!) I can feel it and it's like I have a grain of sand in my eye.

No comments:

 
google3a921ca9ea4130d9.html