Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Sugar Monster

Well, this has been sitting in my queue, waiting for me to post it. I might point out that as I am getting ready to send this, I am eating Lay's B-B-Q chips and drinking a Dr. Pepper, and it's 9:49am! I started this on the 7th:

Okay, I feel like I have early-onset menopause right now with the weather we've been having. One night I'm wearing capri style pajama bottoms with a tank top to bed, the next I'm dragging out the long pants with the long-sleeved shirt! This morning it was cold and raining, this afternoon it is sunny and warm. My poor body can't take it!

Add to that the fact that I have been craving sugar like a demon the last couple of days and I don't know what to think. Is it a side effect of my allergies which are now in full bloom? I'm taking the antihistamines every twelve hours and they are barely working. I'm nowhere near my period, so it's not that. I'm not pregnant (although if I was, I'd know it was a girl based on that craving alone!) I actually bought this gum awhile back to stop sugar cravings, but when I got it I realized I couldn't be breastfeeding and chew it, so maybe I'll get it out now. I am going to try and drink water whenever I feel the urge because I might just tear apart the cupboards looking for something resembling candy or chocolate and it won't be good. And you know, chocolate chips just don't give you the same satisfaction!

At least we got out today for a bit as a family. We had lunch at Cafe Crepe (sorry, I wanted to put the proper accents on the words, but I don't know how and when I tried to import it from elsewhere, it was HUGE!) and it was very nice. Hayden had some of my sugar and lemon one (okay, I had SOME sugar today!) and pretty much didn't stop eating the whole time we were there. He also drank a big cup full of milk. So far, he has not shown any adverse side effects to milk, which is great! I wasn't really that worried, but his skin is so much more sensitive than Kestrel's that I had half anticipated it.

I went out with a group of ladies to see Mom's the Word 2: Unhinged on Friday night (the 5th) and it was fantastic! In fact, I think I am going to take my mom to see it, too. Most of us has seen the first Mom's the Word together and this was no disappointment. My throat actually hurt from shrieking with laughter in some parts. And I am not usually one to laugh out loud, so that says something.

So, today in the car - I'm waiting for hubby to drop off some paint cans at the recycling depot. I'm listening to the radio, when a new Shakira song comes on and Kes goes "TURN IT UP!" I say to her "Do you like this song?" and she nods at me with a shy little grin as she begins to sing:

Oh baby when you talk like that
You make a woman go mad
So be wise and keep on
Reading the signs of my body

I just shook my head and giggled.

Kes will be on the CTV 6:00 news with Tamara Taggart tonight with her preschool, Rainbow Castle. I can't wait to see what antics ensue!


No comments:

 
google3a921ca9ea4130d9.html